Thailand has a lot of International airports, but you are going to land at any one of the two airports in Bangkok – Don Muang Airport(DMK), if flying on Air Asia or Suvarnabhumi International Airport(BKK), if using any other airlines. Thailand Visa on Arrival for Indians is available at both airports.
Direct flights between India and Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Bangalore(BLR) – Thai Air
- Chennai(MAA) – Thai Air
- Delhi(DEL) – Thai Smile Air, Jet Airways, IndiGo, Air India
- Hyderabad(HYD) – Thai Smile Air
- Mumbai(BOM) – Thai Air, Jet Airways, Air India
- Kolkata(CCU) – Thai Air, IndiGo
Direct flights between India and Don Muang Airport
- Chennai – Air Asia
Flying to Thailand Via a Transit
If your city does not have a direct flight to Bangkok, you can always take a Private Jet Charter or fly to any destination listed above on a domestic flight and from there on catch a direct flight to Bangkok.
You can transit via Singapore, Kuala Lumpur or Colombo, but it is not a worthy option – its expensive, long and not really worthy.
Using Low Cost Carrier (LCC) to fly to/from India to Bangkok
- IndiGo flies from Delhi and Kolkata to Suvarnabhumi Airport.
- Thai Air Asia flies from Chennai to Don Muang Airport.
- Tiger Air – You can use Tiger Airways either from Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram(TRV) & Tiruchirapalli(TRZ) to fly to Bangkok(BKK) via Singapore using Tiger connect facility at Singapore’s Changi International Airport(SGN). A Singapore visa is not required for this journey. The boarding pass for the second leg is issued in the transit area in Changi Airport. Remember, flying direct might cost you lesser, than using LCC. And flying from some cities such from Hong Kong to Osaka there are services where you can find these flights cheaps.
Flights between India and Thailand are cheaper online than at the travel agents and official airline office. From my experience, the best website to book flights online are Yatra (for individual bookings) and Expedia (for group bookings). The code mentioned within ( ) is the IATA code of the airport in the respective city.
Disclaimer – All the information provided above are as on May 2014. The airlines might have cancelled few routes and added new ones by time.
Photo Source – https://www.flickr.com/photos/monstermunch/4491667500/